Monday 24 January 2011

It always come in threes.........

It was an horrendous week last week.......

2 deaths and a terminal illness
15 and 45 is too early  to die ....1 pointless and the other suddenly
That dreaded C disease strikes again

So a poem for Ian who died so suddenly.........

God has taken you away from us and taken you to rest
It's not for us to understand, he only takes the best.
It was a sudden parting, too bitter to forget
Those who really loved you are the ones that won't forget.

Farewells were left unspoken and you gently slipped away
You left many happy memories that will never fade away.
No matter where I go, no matter what I do
I'll cherish the memories of yesterday and the laughs I shared with you.

Although we laugh and seem carefree and make no outward show
What it meant to lose you no one will ever know.
I'll treasure forever the friendship we shared. The things you did and the way you cared.
Someone to turn to, so kind and true. One in a million, I'll never forget you.

So sweet is your memory, so precious your name
Deep in our hearts you will always remain.
So until we meet again
May God hold Ian in the hollow of his hand.


Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment