Thursday 6 January 2011

Closing 2010, opening 2011

I know this blog is a bit late but as I always said at the start of last year that I would only write when the mood took me or in other words when the muse strikes me!

So let's start with the last 3 months of 2010 as I haven't told the world what I did during those months
Work - was horrendous the drive for cost savings and to cut jobs is relentless. Don't know how safe my own job is.

Culture - had dinner at The Ritz which was am-az-ing. Went to see the Book of the Dead at the British Museum.

Friends - didn't see as much of them as I would have liked but when we did meet had a fantastic time. They made my birthday really special and we had a really good laugh drinking champagne and cocktails. We had our Xmas bash as always at Imperial City and drank champagne for a change at Royal Exchange Grand Bar.

SP - he was fabulous as always, didn't see too much of him in Decemeber as both were busy but it has only made him keener for 2011!
Snow - came by the bucket load in Nov and Dec and I wished it would fuck off as it nearly ruined Xmas.

Xmas - will be known as the year of the Xbox Kinect! A great time was had by all the family.

So what for 2011......

I think my only resolution for this year will be more culture and going out, I have already got lots of outings planned -
Ballet - Romeo and Juliet
Cirque du Soliel - Totem
Gothic Caberat Afternoon Tea
Opera - Madam Butterfly
Shoes the Musical
Visit Stonehenge and Salisbury
Lunch at a 1 star Michelin Restuarant - Tamarind
Play - Blithe Spirit
Lunch and kitchen tour at a 1 star Michelin Restuarant - Maze
Family Day in LDN Town! - Tower of London, Tower Bridge and London Aquarium
Taste of London - twice! (VIP and Secret Garden tixs)
Ballet - Simply Gershwin
Take That gig - Progress Live
Champagne Tea at The Savoy
Wizard of Oz the Musical
Visit Highclere Castle
Lunch at a 3 star Michelin Restuarant - Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester
Viva la France - 4 day trip to Paris on Eurostar (1st class) and staying at 4* Hotel Baltimore Paris
Railway Childern @ Waterloo
Dinner at Roux at the Landau
Birthday Lunch at Gordon Ramsay @ Claridge's
Taste of Christmas - VIP

So on a final note bring on 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment